SMB Capital / Kershner Trading Group is looking to fill a position for a Head of Automated Trading Support in our midtown Manhattan office in New York City.
The position is for an individual with a combined coding and trading background. Preference will be given to applicants with a track record in equities trading, particularly a track record of automated equities trading. We are also open to applicants with less trading experience, but superior python proficiency. Experience with machine learning would be valuable as well.
Summary of desired qualifications:
- Strong python proficiency
- Experience with building short-term automated equities models
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Superior ability to work well with others, and patience in teaching novice coders
The role is directly on the firm's proprietary trading desk in midtown Manhattan. We are seeking an individual to:
1) support our senior traders with making full use of our python-based scripting tools for alerting and automated trading;
2) teach our quant trading tools to new / developing traders, some of whom might have a limited coding skillset;
3) communicate to stakeholders about required ongoing improvements to our tools;
4) develop their own firm-funded trading models and, if desired, their own discretionary trading.
Our traders tend to embody the following characteristics:
- Passion for the Markets
- Demonstrable History of Success
- Growth mindset
- Great teammate
As a firm, we offer extensive technology support to build filters, scripts, and automated models so as to most effectively capture edge in markets. Experienced candidates will have the opportunity to build a Team and share in the success of junior traders, or to hire junior traders directly onto their Team. Moreover, the firm regularly recruits and trains traders who can also be a source for future Team members. The firm provides large trading accounts for its best traders, top technology, and all the resources traders need to grow, while taking all of the downside risk. Candidates will have access to other experienced 7-figure traders to share ideas and explore other strategies.
Compensation for the role would have both a salary component and a profit split from automated and discretionary trading P&L.
KTG/SMB runs a JV in NYC utilizing the strengths of both firms: SMB in its training, coaching, mentoring, and legacy traders; and KTG with first-class technology in the prop trading space. Top traders will earn more trading on our proprietary technology, with its advanced functionality.